Visit the Roman Sites in Hadrian's Wall Country
Explore the nearby towns and the historic sites and stunning countryside of Northumberland
Many activities to enjoy
Day trips to Newcastle, County Durham & The Lake District
Hadrian's Wall Country
Wydon Farm is ideally situated near some of the most spectacular sections of Hadrians Wall and the most important Roman sites, including Vindolanda, Housesteads, Birdoswald and Chesters - all accessable by the award winning Hadrian's Wall Bus Service.
Other Places to Visit
- Nearby Towns - Haltwhistle and the local swimming pool, Hexham, Corbridge and its County Show, Haydon Bridge and Alston.
- Historic Castles - Choose from the many in the region, including Alnwick Castle with its famous Alnwick Garden, and visit many National Trust properties.
- Kielder Water - Fishing and boating on Europe's largest man made lake.
- Northumberland National Park - Covering an area from Hadrian's Wall to the Cheviot Hills.
- Beautiful Coastline - Large unspoilt stretches of stunning sandy beaches including Holy Island and the Farne Islands nature reserve.
- Day Trips - To Newcastle, the Gateshead Metro Centre and the Lake District. In County Durham enjoy a day at Beamish Museum and visit Killhope Leadmining Museum.
- Horse Racing - Why not combine your stay with a day at Hexham Races - one of Britain’s most scenic courses.
- Fishing - There are a wealth of beautiful rivers and lakes available, including New Mills Trout Farm at Brampton.
- WALKING near Wydon Farm
- walks for you to print out:
- Walking - walk the Hadrian's Wall National Trail and Shepherds Walks around Northumberland.
- Golf - The region offers a variety of country and coastal courses for all abilities, including the internationally acclaimed Slaley Hall.
- Cycling - Enjoy the local cycle tours.
- Horse Riding - Trek the surrounding countryside.
- Bird Watching - Upland, lowland and coastal species.
Enjoy more photographs of Hadrian's Wall and the North East of England by Graeme Peacock.